Preparation for birth
Pregnancy is a process that invites you to surrender to the unseen force behind all life.” [Judy Ford]
Antenatal Preparation Workshop
An Antenatal preparation workshop will prepare you and your partner for the birth, breastfeeding and how to care for the new baby.
The workshop will have a lot on becoming conscious on the decisions you have to make regarding the birth, feeding and parenting.
Workshops are held on a Saturday from 08:00 till 15:00.
Topics that will be covered in the one day workshop are:
• Normal birth
• Assisted births and Caesarean section
• Pain management
• The microbione
• Skin to skin contact
• Caring for baby and baby bath
• Safe sleep
How to connect with your unborn baby?
With one or two sessions you can connect and consciously invite the new conscious being into your family.
Become aware of your needs and emotions and how to prepare and support your new unborn baby’s future physical and emotional health.
The two sessions will include a coaching and Craniosacral Therapy session
Breastfeeding preparation classes
A class on breastfeeding can be very helpful to prepare you well on what to expect and how to get breastfeeding started off well. It will also teach you what to expect from your baby and their normal behavior in the first few days and weeks.
In a 3 hour class you will learn:
• How milk is being made
• Skin to skin contact
• The good bacteria
• Baby’s behavior the first few days and weeks
• Normal breastfeeding stools
• Correct positioning and latching
• How to know if baby gets enough
• Expressing and the use of breast pumps
• Diet and breastfeeding
• Full and engorged breasts
• Sore and cracked nipples
Postnatal mother and baby Classes
“The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new.” [Rajneesh]
Over 8 weeks plus an extra complimentary class you can join a group of mothers with their babies and together we learn about all the challenges of being a new mom, even if it is your second baby it is stays a new challenge. We discuss a different topic every week and for some topics a specialist in their field will come and share their expertise and latest research.
It is a great way to get out and meet other moms while learning yourself.
Every week we weigh your baby and address your concerns regarding the feeds, crying, colic etc.
The following topics will be covered over the 9 weeks:
• Feeding and sensory integration
• Baby massage (massage therapist)
• Tips on sleep (Sleep therapist)
• CPR and safety around the house (BLS Instructor)
• Stimulation and development of the baby (Occupational therapist)
• Sick baby
• Teething and caring for your baby’s teeth
• Introduction to solids and baby led weaning (Dietician)
• Change and Separation anxiety
• Conscious connecting parenting (complimentary class)